New year and a new Blog.. Well, I missed a lot of good films last year (despite seeing 80 odd!) and so I figured I'd get a list together of the one's I'll catch on Sky, Netflix, DVD or even terrestrial TV.
This one I was really looking forward to. It's round in the Cinema didn't last long. I contemplated a viewing at The Hereford Theatre in December but I'd heard it was coming to Netflix at the end of the year so I thought I'd hold out for it..
Directed by Taika Waititi who was involved in the excellent 'What We Do In The Shadows', the film is about Ricky (Julian Dennison), a young boy who is fostered by Bella (Rima Te Wiata) and Hec (Sam Neill)
For reasons I won't go into, Hec and Ricky end up going on the run in the New Zealand bush, being chased by the Police and a couple of hilarious Child Welfare officers...
I loved this film. It has a similar humour to 'What We Do..' and also Wes Anderson... Subtle and quirky.. Rhys Darby makes an appearance as Psycho Sam, with some of the films funniest lines.. This also bodes well for the upcoming 'Thor:Ragnarock' which Taika is also directing..
Overall an enjoyable ****

No comments:
Post a Comment